Your wedding is such a special moment in your life! And although you and your future spouse are definitely the center of attention, remember that your parents will be just as nervous and happy as you are too.
This is precisely why offering them a special Parent Dance is worth all the effort. What are the best songs to choose for your Father-Daughter Dance and for your Mother-Son Dance, though?
We have gathered some of the most popular suggestions – so read on if you want to find out more.
- Bruce Springsteen’s When You Need Me. Romantic, sweet and with that unique touch of rock’n’roll that adds flavour to the dance, this song is perfect for such a special moment.
- Loudon Wainwright III’s Daughter. Very sweet and with a very beautiful message, this is the kind of song all sentimental fathers like to listen to – even more so on their baby daughter’s Big Day.
- Louis Armstrong’s What a Wonderful World. Although not only about the special relationship between fathers and daughters, this song is full of optimism and grace – which makes it perfect for this dance.
- Van Morrison’s Days Like These. Beautiful emotional and really powerful, this song will definitely bring the groom’s mother to tears when he dances with her at his wedding.
- Pink Floyd’s Mother. Unique and with a truly special sound, Pink Floyd’s song is really great for those mothers who are less conventional – so if you know your/his mom loves this song, it will make for a perfect choice.
- Paul Todd’s The First Lady in My Life. Old-school and yet timeless, this song is perfect for a sentimental mother who would love to hear these words from her son.
Searching for a wedding DJ to help you with the best music at your wedding? Come visit Michael Anthony Productions DJ Entertainers & Up Lighting and book us for an unforgettable wedding!